Low-Fat Orange Pound Cake
Recipe Adapted from Craving Chronicles
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup Dannon plain non-fat yogurt
1 cup sugar
1 whole large egg, 3 large egg whites
1 orange zested
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl, and give it a quick stir.
4. Place the following in the mixer bowl of your Kitchen Aid, yogurt, sugar, eggs, zest, juice, and vanilla.
5. Using the batter attachment, turn the mixer to the first speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Drizzle in the oil, and continue to mix until it’s all incorporated.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
7. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool the rest of the way on a rack.
PSA: This is not a low calorie bread. It's about 300 calories a slice. That's less than a traditional pound cake, but especially in this instance, low-fat does not equal low calorie. It's delicious, so don't say I didn't warn you.